8.03.2007

Ubiquity Records makes some sweet tees...

...not sweet teas, for all y'all southerners who got excited.

Ubiquity Records is a west coast record label that is home to some innovative jazz and hip hop artists like Sa-Ra Creative Partners, the Breakestra and Gilles Peterson. but in addition to dropping funky fresh beats on the masses, the also print up some pretty sweet music-related t-shirts.


Here is one of their designs from the latest collection:


product page can be reached by clicking on the shirt


I don't play drums (except for air drums, and that doesn't count), but I seem to have an affinity for drumming t-shirts. I really like the text on this one, and it comes in a more earth toned color palette as well. $23.99 is a bit steep, but it is one nice design...


And here is one of their classics, with text courtesy of the late, great maestro of Afrobeat, Fela Kuti:


Classics Collection can be reached by clicking on the shirt


This same shirt--or an identical rip-off--has been sold by pop culture homogenizer Urban Outfitters (and possible t-shirt plaguerizer) for a while, but it was on a brown tee. I like silver shirts, but I got one long sleeve and one short sleeve and I'm trying to cut back on my t-shirt addiction.


One last thing: Ubiquity is having a t-shirt grab bag sale. Basically, you tell them what size you are and they'll send you three shirts. More details are available here. Unfortunately, they don't have my size, or I'd be all over this.

2 comments:

CHARLIE RECORD said...

im a big fan of ubiquity shirts...

CHARLIE RECORD said...

i just got some of their new shirts in the mail and im rocking the Flute Loops shirt hardddd!