6.22.2007

girl's feet cut off on amusement park ride

I love amusement parks. I especially love roller coasters: the faster and twistier the better, as far as I'm concerned.

That's why this story made my stomach turn. I've been on rides like this a million times, and though they're not my favoirte, it is a pretty cool sensation toleave your stomach up top as you free fall.

The most disturbing part of the story? A quote from an unidentified witness at the scene:

"The people on the ride just came and hit the ground," she said. "When I got up there, the lady she was just sitting there, and she didn't have no legs. ... And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."

So you don't go away sour on amusement parks (especially roller coasters!!), here is a video of my favorite thril ride, the Volcano at King's Dominion in Williamsburg, Va.

No comments: