6.20.2007

which t-shirt should I buy?

I've mentioned it before, but I have a problem with t-shirts. I just got a package in the mail from Threadless today (one for me and another for she), and at least a couple days a week I will find a shirt online that I'll come a click away from purchasing. I've curtailed my habit a bit recently, and have decided to wait a bit after seeing a design a like before purchasing it. Some shirts I've initially wanted to buy faded from my mind, and others sold out before I could get home to find a credit card.

These two shirts caught my eye a few weeks back, and I still thinking about them. That's a sign. I decided to buy one of the two.

Which t-shirt should I buy?

Shirt #1 - Think Globally - the Imaginary Foundation

product page can be reached by clicking on the shirt

The first comes from a company call the Imaginary Foundation. They are a Swiss design group with an interesting (and decidedly psychedelic) take on technology, the arts and the environment. I have a series of their posters framed and hung up on my walls, but I've never bought a tee from them because many of them were all-over prints, of which I am not a great fan. This shirt was almost never considered since on the web site it is shown in white, which I refuse to wear since I am a certifiable slob.

The shirt features a quote from Sierra Club founder David Brower, and I find the illustration to be fantastic in a fairy tale kinda way.

Shirt #2 - Instruments A-Comin' - Dirty Coast

product page can be reached by clicking on the shirt

The second shirt comes from Dirty Coast, a shop out of New Orleans. As you can probably tell, I like music almost as much as I like t-shirts, so when you put the two together I have a hard time resisting. (Exception: extremely overpriced concert tees.) I really like the electric blue and green on this one, and according to the sales pitch,
This shirt is a celebration of the Tipitina’s Foundation nonprofit that helps year after year to raise funds for music instruments for our city’s youth.
I don't know if any money from the purchase of the shirt actually goes to the Foundation, though.

Those are the two I like. Comment with your choice, if you care.

2 comments:

Mad Percolator said...

The Dirty Coast shirt.
Too much goin on, methinks, with the umbrella grandaddy...

Joe said...

Since I feel at least a little qualified to comment about t-shirts, if not anything else... Imaginary Foundation tees are amazing. If you're worried at all about the print, don't be- they're incredibly vibrant and last well (although they do fade a little, just like almost any other printed shirt). If the text weren't emphasized so much (I have a thing about text on t-shirts...), I'd probably pick it up myself.

So, if it isn't too late... those are my two cents.